Wednesday, March 25, 2009

WOW AND YIKES!!!

My Bible Study this year is about the Life of Moses. We are reading in the book of Numbers this wk…chapter 20. It is the part of the chapter where the Israelites are asking the Edomites if they could travel across their land to get to the land of Canaan. Of course the Edomites denied that request several times. Instead of attacking…and they had the Edomites out numbered…they obeyed the Lord and traveled way, way, around. One of the questions in our study was this: What are some situations in which you might have to yield or resist when someone blocks your way in appropriating God’s promises to you? Well, I immediately thought of our adoption and the hold up we are experiencing in court. Many times I have wanted to hop on a plane and go over there and see if I could help move things along or send an email to encourage them to get on with it already! It can get very frustrating waiting for the judges ruling and having no clue when it might happen. I am so ready for Carson to be home and in my arms. And I know the things I would say would not be pleasing to God. One of the things our leader said today really hit me hard: As believers our words and actions represent God to the world. WOW…YIKES!!! How many times have I misrepresented God to the world by taking His plans into my own hands? DOUBLE YIKES!! Another thing our leader said was: even when opposition slows us down we can fully TRUST God’s sovereign plan for us. So, I have pulled back out my index cards full of scripture that helped me when we were going through infertility and waiting on adopting Jacob. I will read these everyday to remind myself again…that God is in control…that His timing is perfect…and that He loves Carson even more than I do.

Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in
Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy
Spirit.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own
understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him , and
He
will make your paths straight.

Romans 8:26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not

know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself
intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.

I pray that we hear something soon, but I am trusting in God’s perfect timing for our family!!

2 comments:

Sarah k said...

AMEN sister! Man does this hit home for us both! God has sure used this journey to mold, bend, and refine us huh? As Jo's first birthday approaches I am concentrating on giving Glory to God and trying to be brave. I know it is around the corner so that helps! Let's keep looking up together! We need to do the prayer thing everyday together!!!

Sarah k..
LOVE YOU

angie tucker said...

so true!! we will continue to pray, pray, pray!

hope you guys are doing well. you need to come over again soon!

angie