Friday, December 5, 2008

FedEx and the Mouse

I don't like mice, in fact I am pretty much reduced to tears when I see one outside of a cage setting. I still get a chill even when I see them in a cage. Well you can imagine what it is like when I see one in my own home. I am ready to put the house up for sale!! I thought I saw one run from our piano into our kitchen about a week ago....I'm sitting on the couch almost in tears...texting my husband...we need to move!!! A week goes by and I don't see him again...I have convinced myself that I just thought I saw one. Then on Thursday when my son is down for his nap and I am waiting for the FedEx man to bring me our adoption contracts...I see him!!! He is very bold this time!! Running back and forth between the piano and the kitchen..which happens to be in the path of the front door. I'm panicking...how am I going to make it to the front door when the FedEx man comes. Jacob and I had been playing trains in the living room....so I grab a hand full of his tracks for weapons...the door bell rings....I start throwing tracks at the door. I jump off the couch and run high stepping it to the front door with tracks still in my hands. The FedEx man backs away from the door...looks at me like I may be dangerous or off my medication...I open the door he hands me the envelope...stairs at me one more time...like he thinks I'm going to explain my strange behavior...and turns and walks away...I throw more tracks around and run back to the couch where I wait for the police to show up...cuz I know Mr. FedEx is going to call in a single 8 (crazy person) report! Well, all that to say...we got our adoption contracts back from TECO in Houston and mailed them to Deana in Taiwan!!! We have been approved to adopt Carson and once Deana gets our contracts she can register us for court. The other family Deana is working with got a court date about a month and half after they registered for court. So, if everything goes smoothly we could be traveling to get Carson sometime in March. Please pray that our adoption contracts get there quickly and that everything goes smoothly during the court process. Oh, and pray that my husband catches that mouse very soon...cuz I'm not exaggerating about how much I really don't like mice!!!

4 comments:

Jarrod said...

HOWLING!!!!!!!!!!!! That is hilarious! (More LOL). I wonder what the FedEx man thought!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are truly a gem, sis! I have to know...did he catch it?

Becky and Rodney said...

NO, he has not caught it!! I think he scared him tho...cuz we have not seen him in several days!! LOL

Jarrod said...

LOL!!!!! This STILL cracks me up. Praying that he has found an exit point and is LONG GONE! But if not, I hear they like peanut butter! :)

numberonenanny said...

Becky I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but~ wherever you find ONE mouse you will find more little MICKEY MOUSE's!! The one thing that I know is this...they don't bite hard!! I love you sister! I know you can be brave for Jake. I taught Gabe how to set mouse traps at the early age of 3. SERIOUSLY!
God is Good all the time, and ALL the time God is Good! Adios little mouse!!